Many people have imagined their dream house. They have pictured it in their minds and can only hope that they can find it in real life. Some buyers have to look for a long time before finding the home of their dreams, but others know right away. When reality matches the vision they have for their home, they might fall in love at first sight. Here are some things that make buyers know they had found “the one” the moment they see it:
- A gorgeous front porch. Nothing says “welcome home” better than a beautifully appointed front porch. A creative front door with porch railings painted a complementary color are a great way to draw a potential buyer into a home. That first look can make or break the interest of buyers. Beautiful Porches
- Standing out among the crowd. That neighborhood full of “cookie cutter” houses may be the right area for you, but buyers may not want their house to look like everyone else’s. A home that stands out is the one for them. For example, maybe that one white brick house in a sea of red brick houses is just different enough to make it the right one for them.
- Layout. Open concept has been popular for a long time, but some buyers may want a house that affords more privacy. When they walk into a home that has defined rooms that serve specific purposes, they have found what they have envisioned as the perfect home for them.
- The great outdoors. Perhaps the inside doesn’t matter quite as much as the outside to buyers. Despite the imperfections in the house itself, that huge, beautiful yard is all they ever wanted.
- Good bones. If a buyer’s dream house is one that they design themselves, then they might just fall in love with a fixer upper that has good bones.
- First-Floor main bedroom suite. When looking for a “forever home”, many people keep their eyes out for houses that offer a first-floor main bedroom/bathroom. They may be able to use stairs now, but sometime in the future those same stairs may become an obstacle. A first-floor main bedroom suite will enable them to stay in their home in their twilight years.
- Updated everything. Some buyers (especially first-time buyers) will be looking for a “turn key” home, meaning they want to be able to move right in without making any updates or repairs. If the sellers have recently painted, installed a new roof, upgraded appliances etc., that is a dream come true for certain buyers who can’t afford to fix up a house along with paying a mortgage.
Are you thinking of buying a home or selling your current home in New River Valley, VA? Then it is time to contact Desi Sowers, your New River Valley, VA real estate resource! Give her a call today at 540-320-1328!
Photo Credits: quickenloans.com, hgtv.com, desisowers.com, hrccu.org