Some people call it a family room, others call it a great room, but whatever you call it, for many families it is the heart of the home. It’s where you gather to spend time together, to watch television, to play games, to socialize with friends and to relax. Since so much time is spent in this room, you want it to be comfortable and inviting, while also being neat and tidy. A cluttered room does not promote a relaxing vibe. But where do you keep everything? Here are some creative storage solutions for your family room:
- Ottomans – A pillow for your feet and a great place to keep extra blankets and pillows! An ottoman that opens does double duty and provides hidden space for items that you don’t want sitting out in the open all the time. It is also provides a great place to “hide” things should you have a last minute visitor and you need to tidy up quickly.
- Coffee Tables – Another piece of furniture that can serve more than one purpose is the coffee table. Does your family love board games? With the right coffee table you can conveniently store them and have room to play them! And similar to an ottoman that has storage space inside, a coffee table with a top that opens provides space inside for miscellaneous items as well.
- Open storage – You don’t have to hide everything. You can achieve a neat and tidy aesthetic by organizing items such as books and magazines in stacks. There are many ways to style a coffee table so that it is both useful and pretty.
- Baskets – Find baskets that blend in with your décor to hold various items. Large baskets can hold blankets, pillows, dog toys and games. Smaller baskets are great for holding remote controls, phones and chargers.
- Drawers – Furniture with drawers is a great way to hide all the “stuff” that might otherwise clutter your family room. Everything from pens, crayons, coloring books, remotes, eye-glasses, books, magazines and more can be efficiently stored in drawers!
- Corner Shelves – A great way to display trinkets without having them clutter your living space, is to use corner shelves. Corner shelves fit snugly into otherwise unused space and can be used to display all your favorite things while keeping the room neat and tidy!
Are you thinking of buying a home or selling your current home in New River Valley, VA? Then it is time to contact Desi Sowers, your New River Valley, VA real estate resource! Give her a call today at 540-320-1328!
Photo credit: joybird, pinterest, LuxDeco, hgtv, omegacabinetry, wayfair