The new year is here, and for many of us that means we are setting goals for ourselves…things we want to do and achieve in 2021. If you are a homeowner, you may want to add some home improvements to your list.
Here are some small home improvements you should consider making in 2021:
- Update your kitchen. We are talking a simple update; not some huge undertaking. You might be surprised at how different your kitchen will look with just a small change. Something like painting your cabinets or adding a new backsplash can really brighten up the room and give it a modern feel. 7 Ways to Update Your Kitchen on a Budget
- Beautify your walkway with bricks or pavers. Plain concrete is boring…and not very pretty. But you don’t have to replace it. You can simply embellish it by adding stone, clay or concrete pavers along the sides.
- Do a minor bathroom remodel. It may sound like a big job, but something as simple as replacing the bathroom mirror and faucet can give your bathroom a whole new look. Want to take it further? Consider replacing the toilet if yours is old, and maybe switch out the shower head for a more luxurious shower experience.
- Upgrade your flooring. Do you have old, worn carpet in your home? Now is the time to remove it and replace it with hardwood flooring. You can save quite a bit of money by installing it yourself. How to Install Hardwood Floors
- Update a room (or two, or more) with a fresh coat of paint. It is amazing how different a room can feel if you paint it a new color! After you paint you can rearrange the room to your liking and add accent pieces (like throws and pillows) to complement the new wall color. Top Interior Designers Predict the Biggest Color Trends for 2021
Just remember, small home improvements can make a big difference in your home without breaking the bank!
If you are thinking about buying or selling a home in the New River Valley area, contact professional, experienced Realtor Desi Sowers and let her assist you with all your real estate needs. Give her a call today at 540-320-1328!
Photo credits: pinterest.com, realsimple.com