It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And if you have your house on the market, you might be packing up everything you own very soon. The last thing you want to do is unpack all your Christmas decorations only to have to pack them back up again. In addition, if you are showing your home to potential buyers, you are going to want to keep your holiday décor as simple as possible. You don’t have to be a scrooge though! You can decorate beautifully without spending a lot of money and without having to unpack all your personal treasures. Here are five inexpensive ways to decorate for Christmas:
- Homemade Garland – A lot of craft stores have great sales and coupons this time of year. Grab some greenery and then head on over to a dollar store and pick up some pretty ornaments. You can find DIY instructions for making a festive garland on YouTube. How to Make a Fabulous Christmas Garland
- Real Tree – If you have been using an artificial tree and don’t want to unpack it, this is a good time to buy a real tree. Some can be very expensive, but you can find a pretty tree for as little as $30 in some places. Consider using a smaller tree and placing it on a table top instead of on the floor. Decorate with old-fashioned strings of popcorn and cranberries. And you might be surprised at the sparkly ornaments you can find at very little cost.
- Wrapped Gifts – Beautifully wrapped gifts can be used to create any aesthetic you desire. For a more formal look, wrap gifts in shiny silvers and golds. Want to go whimsical? Try wrapping paper in fun shades of red, green, pink and white. And if you’re going for a winter wonderland look, use blues and silvers. The point is that you can use the gifts themselves to create gorgeous holiday décor.
- DIY Christmas Wreaths – All you need is a hot glue gun, some inexpensive ornaments, ribbon, and a coat hanger and you can make pretty wreaths. There are lots of other ways to make them to. Check some out here: 36 Christmas Wreaths You Can DIY
- Poinsettias – You can find pretty poinsettias just about anywhere this time of year. Care for them properly, and they will last the whole holiday season. Display them in reds, pinks and whites to create a classy ambiance in your holiday home.
So, don’t let your house being on the market keep you from enjoying this festive season! Enjoy some new Christmas décor that won’t break the bank and might just get a “SOLD” sign in your front yard before the new year!
If you’re thinking about buying or selling a home in the New River Valley area, contact professional, experienced Realtor Desi Sowers and let her assist you with all your real estate needs. Give her a call today at 540-320-1328!