It’s that time of year again. The school year is winding down and soon it will be summer break. But for many families with two working parents, that means that the search is on for child care and activities for their kids this summer. Here is a list of a few unique summer camps and programs to help you in your quest to keep your kids active and happy during their school break:
- WILDERNESS ADVENTURE CAMP – This one-of-a-kind, all outdoor summer camp provides kids with an opportunity to immerse themselves into the wilderness environment. Designed by a staff of outdoor professionals, the participants build confidence, positive character, and leadership skills. Backpacking, biking, and paddling through the southwest VA National Forests are just a few of the adventure activities available. “Through careful instruction and positive encouragement from experienced leaders and instructors, participants are motivated to face challenges that require both team work and individual effort.” Click HERE for dates, tuition, and discounts.
- VIRGINIA TECHNIQUES CAMP A-PALOOZA – Located in Christiansburg, Virginia Techniques offers summer camps that keep kids active through safe and progressive gymnastics training in addition to other engaging activities such as games and crafts. There are half-day and full-day options for camps. Click HERE for camp options.
- BLACKSBURG NEW SCHOOL’S SUMMER SCHOLARS PROGRAM – During the summer, Blacksburg New School offers several week-long programs. Each week is theme-based, providing students with an in-depth experience. This year they will offer themes such as “You the Artist”, “Are You Game?”, “Vet Med”, “Fun and Games”, “We the People” , and more! The Summer Scholars program is open to kids from K-5th grade. They run from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday, with after-program care available until 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday. Click HERE for more information and to register.
- ELITE SOCCER ACADEMY FOR GIRLS AT VA TECH – The Elite Soccer Academy at Virginia Tech offers both a day camp and a residential camp. Programs are available for ages 4 and up. They are all held on the Virginia Tech campus with staff and players represented from VT as well as from other schools and universities. Click HERE to learn more and to register you camper.
- FARM TO TABLE COOKING CAMP – This fun camp takes place at Glade Road Growing and offers young chefs the opportunity to learn how to create wonderful meals using food freshly harvested out of the ground. Campers will explore how to grow and cook a farm-fresh meal from the ground up using ingredients that are in season and grown here on our working farm. Designed for kids aged 6 to 13, it is a fun way to help them develop social skills, teamwork, love of outdoors, and to expand their palates as well. For more information and to register, contact Scarlett Williams at email@example.com. And check out Glade Road Growing HERE.
If you’re thinking about selling or buying a home in the New River Valley area, contact professional, experienced Realtor Desi Sowers and let her assist you with all your real estate needs. Give her a call today at 540-320-1328!
Photos from pinterest.com