The Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, in collaboration with external companies within the New River Valley, will host a virtual Career Summit. Our program will showcase companies looking to hire at the research park and surrounding area along with housing, child care, and other webinars leading up to interview day. Interview day will allow chosen candidates to interview with companies that are looking to recruit top talent to and within the area.
Please join them to see why the New River Valley is the place to work, live, and play for a well-balanced quality of life. Get ready for your next career!
Job seekers can register at: https://www.eventbank.com/event/22776/register/
Monday Webinar Schedule:
• 8:30-9:15 am: “Housing in the New River Valley”
– Professionals will be on hand to discuss the thriving local community with regards to both the rental and real estate component.
• 10:00-11:00 am: “Best Practices, Virtual Interviews”
– Transitioning from in-person interviews to virtual ones, this webinar covering “Dos and Do Betters” is ideal for the job seeker as well as for the talent recruiter.
• 12:00-1:00 pm: “The Best Place to Live, Work, Play”
– An Interactive Event “Ask Us Anything” about the New River Valley
• 2:00-3:00 pm: “It Takes a Village”
– A panel of area representatives will be available to discuss raising kids in the New River Valley, Childcare, STEM, organized recreational sports and local K – 12 Education Programs
Tuesday from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm:
– Virtual Information Sessions with participating companies
Wednesday is Virtual Interview Day on Zoom
Information and Photo from Virginia’s New River Valley