Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and let’s face it, not everyone LOVES this holiday. If you’ve recently been through a break-up, or you just haven’t found “the one” yet, observing everyone around you as they celebrate love can be, well, a little depressing. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Sure, Valentine’s Day is a day designated to celebrate love, but it isn’t reserved just for couples. If you are a singleton, by choice or otherwise, you can celebrate YOU on Valentine’s Day…because loving yourself is just as important (and maybe a little more-so) than loving others. Why You Have to Love Yourself First
Instead of boycotting Valentine’s Day or spending the day feeling sad and left out, here are some ideas for how you can show yourself some love on this special day:
- Give Yourself a Special Treat – Today is the day to pamper yourself. Love flowers? Buy yourself a beautiful bouquet. Pick up those expensive chocolates you adore, but wouldn’t normally buy. And if there is an exquisite piece of jewelry you’ve been eyeing – go get it! These may be things you dream of having someone else do for you, but you need to love yourself the way you want others to love you. YOU DESERVE IT!
- Host a Party – If you have a bunch of single friends, you can throw an “Anti-Valentine’s Day Party”. One of the best parts of being single is that you can do whatever you want! Celebrate that! Do you enjoy fancy dinner parties? Then tell your guests to dress up and bring their appetites. Prefer something more casual? Have a grown-up sleepover in comfy pajamas with popcorn and candy on the menu.
- Get Away From it All – Sometimes simply getting away to a different setting can give you just the boost you need when you are feeling a little down. Plan a road trip with another single friend, or book a room on a singles cruise. Even better…go on a solo trip where you can do exactly what you want to do without having to worry about anyone else. Solo Vacations: The 30 Best Places to Travel Alone
- Plan a Date Night with Your Celebrity Crush – Spend your Valentine’s night with your favorite celebrity crush by binge watching every movie/show they are in. Get your favorite take-out food, put on your most comfy pajamas, light a fire in the fireplace and enjoy!
- Reach Out to Others – Nothing makes you feel better or than doing something nice for someone else. Take this opportunity to reach out and show love to someone who might also be lonely and sad. Arrange to have a “Secret Cupid” with your single friends so that everyone can enjoy receiving a special treat. Visit and elderly relative who might otherwise spend the day alone. Or offer to babysit for your “couple” friends who have kids so that they can enjoy an evening out. Secret Cupid Ideas
- Schedule a Relaxing Spa Treatment – If you’re not one to normally splurge on spa treatments, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to indulge! Whether it’s a massage, a facial, or a mani/pedi, find time in the day to relax and enjoy! The Best 10 Day Spas Near Christiansburg, VA
Remember, every day is what you make of it…so make this Valentine’s Day what you want it to be!
If you’re thinking about selling or buying a home in the New River Valley area, contact professional, experienced Realtor Desi Sowers and let her assist you with all your real estate needs. Give her a call today at 540-320-1328!